Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Research Traget audience and make analysis.

I created a Questionnaire to find out more about our target audience, to see what type of music they like and what they like to see in a music video. The reason for doing this is so that we really know our target audience and know what they want. This means that we are more likely to create a music video that is appealing to a wider range of viewers rather than a minority. It is very important to have a good music video to go with the song. After getting people to fill out the questionnaire I then tallied up the result and made pie charts to make them easier and clear to read here are my results:


 This Graph shows the results on what all the audience listen to and the most popular was Pop then Hip hop and then R'n'B. This is good for us to see because our music style is going to be a mixture of all three this shows that we will be able to branch out to a wider audience and be more appealing. It was very important to ask this question so that we really know we are appealing to the right audience.
 This once again was a very important question to ask because, I was unsure of how long to make the music video not to short that people are uninterested but not to long that people are bored of it so I though medium which was the most highly rated from out target audience.
I decided to ask this question because some music videos use the colour on the camera to set the theme and the emotion in the music video but this is sometimes very predictable and be off putting to the audience. Looking at these results we can see that there is an even amount of people who like both, and who like just colour this is going to be something that we need to decide whether to go with both or just with colour.


 A lot of music videos show a story in the music video and most song we hear all have song behind them. These results show that more people just prefer to a song and not really think about the story behind it. I have decided to actually go with showing a story in the music video so that is is more understandable.
This question was purely to see how many people should be in the music video and the majority said 1 or more taking this into account I think it would be easy to have more than one in the video because then it makes it easier to explain the story behind the song.


 Because the results on this question were exactly even, We have decided to make the video will half miming and half not miming which will be all mixed up.
 I decided to ask this question because I thought it would be interesting to see what type of clothing people actually wanted to see in the music videos I was surprised that most people said casual because I did predict that more people would want to see stylish because in out day and age most music videos are about product placement of different designer brands.
When asking this question I was more keen on the idea of just one person singing because I don't really like duet type themed song but that was just my own view so it was important to see what the audience actually wanted and most of them seemed to agree with my view.


When asking this question I was unsure if people would know what it meant and I was surprised to see that most people did and the ones that did most said that they did like to see this theme in a music video.










-Because We have decided to use a mixture of different types of music it is pretty hard to point out one type of target audience as we have a much wider range because we branch out to lots of different audience but our main target audience age will be aroung 15+. We also think that it will be mostly boys who will listen to this music although we do still think girls will watch this music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment