Thursday, 8 December 2011

Music Magazine advert Planning.

This is my final advert for my music single the reason i have completely changed it is because I thought my previous adverts looked rather childish and armature and I didn't feel like it target at the right audience I felt it targeted more at the lower aged viewers whereas I wanted it to be targeted at more young teens interested in indie and R'n'B. I also thing the two models in this advert do fit with my target audience more as they are dressed in very indie clothing but they are then making the 'YOLO' sign in their hand which represents the R'n'B in the advert. I have also added a QR code that takes you to my music video the reason for doing this is because it really appeals to the young teens which is who I want to target at as that is my biggest market for indie/R'n'B. I have also edited the background of the image so that the models stand out and look like they are in darkness. I have added infomation at the bottom because this is used in a lot of modern day adverts so it allows the advert to have more awarness and much more ways to be closer to their audience.


This is my almost complete version of my advert it is vastly different from my previous version my reason for this is because I didn't feel like it targeted at the right target audience. Although I still want to make a few changes to this advert just to make it that more appealing for example I want to add a QR code which can be scanned and take the viewer to my music video this just appeals more to my target audience which is you teens as they are able to scan it with their smart phone and what the video instantly. This is done to a lot of advertisements that target at younger teens and the main reason being is because young teens are the biggest holders of smart phones. I also want to edit my main photo a little bit more to cut out all of the back ground so it just makes the models look like they are in darkness, which allows them to stand out from the background.


This is my final copy and I have decided to keep the theme of the big bold font of the bands name at the very bottom of the page and I have also kept the same image throughout as I think this image shows the character in the way I would like which is Innocent and likable. I have also kept the small advert in the top left hand corner because from research I have seen that there is often adverts for where you can buy them in these sorts of adverts. I decided to make a house style with the colours which is different shades this is also used in my Digipak so that the audience know that this colour resembles the band and when they see the colours and they know it is them. 'Infedleity' is in a different font compared to the name of the band this is because I wanted to make it obvious that this is the name of the single and of the album I have also made it italic because it shows the elegance of the song. I have decided to remove the page number at the top right hand corner the reason for this is because when doing my research I did not find many to have the page number on the adverts.



This is the second draft to my music magazine, as you can see I have decided to use a big main image of the main band member, this member will also be shown on the cover and throughout my digipak. I have made the colour of the image black and white, then made it slightly lighter so it gives a washed out effect. The reason for doing this is because it shows the genre of the single which is slightly sad and depressing. But it also shows the innocence of the character. I have slightly changed the font of 'inferdelity' so that is matches in more with the name of the band. The font colour I have chosen on this draft is a mixture so that it all stands out from the background but I think I will change the colour scheme though because it does not mix very well together.
Once again I have decided to add in  a advert for 'HMV' I just think this gives a more realistic effect.
I did think about actually adding a the Digipak image in the advert but I have decided just to stick with the image on the main band member.

This is the fist draft of my music magazine advert.I have decided to use a big tittle at the top left hand corner of the page 'Hot and New' this is because in my research I was able to see that many of the magazine had a certain page or number of pages that featured a new band in them and at the beginning they would have a big tittle for example 'NEW', or the date in bold writing.
For the name of the band I have decided to use big bold font which I will carry out in all my ancillary tasks. I have made the 'and the' slightly smaller because I like the effect and look that is gives and nit also shows that more of the attention is on 'PETUNIA' and 'MONSTERS'. Infidelity is the name of the album and the single that is why I have placed that above the name of the band so that people know that his is the new song and not the band name.
I have featured a little advert that says that it shall be sold in 'HMV' and the price it shall be the reasons for this are because some of the magazine adverts where by different stores trying to get people to buy the album there and not by the actual band for example 'play.com' or 'amazon'.

No comments:

Post a Comment