Thursday, 8 December 2011

DigiPak Planning.

This is the final inside of my DigiPak this is very different to my previous versions just like I said before because I thought the previous ones weren't targeted at the right audience I felt they targeted at a younger audience that I wanted.In my research I found that many of the DigiPaks featured a thank you note, I took this on board and decided to also have one, once again it is in the same font and colour scheme as my advert creating a house style. I decided to keep the CD its self very plain, making it black but at the bottom I decided to have a in white writing 'deluxe edition'. To create a more professional effect I decided to put 'petunia' on the very top left of the didpak in bold writing, then on the CD i decided to put 'and the; and then at the top right hand corner of the digipak 'monsters so when the digipak is opened it will read 'petunia and the monsters' I really like the effect that this gave and looking at my research a lot of indie digipaks did similar things.The images that i used inside are very similar to the outside as they both feature the same two models in the same indie/R'n'B clothing, I also edited the background making it black to make the models stand out more I was going to feature some writing on the pages with the images but I felt it would look less professional and would take away attention from the models. 

this is the final outside of my DigiPak. It is vastly different from my previous ones the reason for this is because I felt that the previous versions didn't target the right target audience that I wanted to target at which is young teens. The images that I have decided to use are very indie/R'n"B which also helps to pull in the right audience. I have edited the background of the images so that is it black the reason for this is so that the images stand out more, I also thnk it gives it a more professional look. I have decided to use very bold urban font which links in with the indie theme. The colours that I have chosen create a house style I think as the same font and colour is the same as the advert. I have chosen to add a QR code which links to the my music video the reason for doing this is because in my research I found that the  biggest owners of smart phones are young teens, which is my target market also. I thought adding the QR code made it more attractive to the young teens. I decided to have mainly photos the reason for this is because in my research I found that most digipaks were made up with images.





This is an image of my Digipak piece I have decided to have one main image on the inside of the character that is shown throughout my digipak and my poster and she is also in the music video the reason I used the same model was because it creates a house style and it makes people think that she is 'Petunia ' and I like this because it give some mystery being her. The CD has the effect of an eyeball and the reason I have decided to do this is because it is fun and creates the style I am looking for, I also did this because the bands name is 'Petunia and the Monsters' so this in fact could be the main monster as the images throughout my ancillary tasks to show many small monsters which once again make the audience think that the female is 'Petunia' and then small images are the 'Monsters'. On the left hand side is the brief synopsis of what 'Petunia' is saying about the album and who she is thanking, below that I have added the copy right material the reason I have done this is so that I am using the conventions of a real media text and it give a real effect to the digipak. The big 'P' and 'M' is to represent the bands initials I have done this because this can be shown as there symbol and trade like how Rhianna has a 'R'. This will allow the audience to know that it is this band when they see these initials.
This is the outside of my digipak this is mainly filled with images of the same model with the small drawing of the monsters the monsters look hand drawn because I think it makes it seem more fun and creative. The images I have used are mix between colour and black and white because I wanted to make some in black and white but not all because I thought that this would make it seem more depressing which is what I did not want to make, the coloured pictures I think makes it more fun once again. On the back I have added the tittle and the number track but I have made it slightly different as usually the number is before the tittle but i have decided to show them after as it makes it different and stand out from the other Cd's. Once again we can see that the 'P' and 'M' has been added but in a smaller font this is like Brittney Spears album has she has the initials dotted around her pages I think this makes it seem more professional and realistic. Below that I have also added another copy right sentence this once again just gives it a real effect.
Planning:
Looking at this research the Digipak is very important to make sure that is suitable and will appeal to our audience is is also important that we create a good colour and font scheme that goes with our genre of music. Our Digipak is going to feature lots of things that will appeal to our audience and make them want to buy it.
We will feature pictures that will probably be taken when filming the music video so that they are similar and can clearly show that they are by the same people. We will probably only have four or less images but we will make then big so that they are all over the digipak because we don't want to many images so that it looks to busy and unattractive but we don't want to have to less images so that it looks boring.
We will have a house style colour throughout the Digipak this will be our colour which shows whenever you see this colour you know that it is us and it just create recognition, this colour will also be a colour that actually goes with our genre.
We will feature a two pounds voucher for itunes in each and every pack, this will appeal to our target audience because our target audience will be more younger girls/boys this means that we are not suggesting that they have much money which means they will enjoy to use this voucher online especially as iTunes is very popular now and lots of people prefer to buy off iTunes then go to buy the actual CD.
We will also have a special prize sort of like a 'golden ticket' type theme which is, in one of the Digipaks there will be a special price which is that the person who has this will be able to meet the band and spend a day with them.
We think it is important for us to have special prizes like this because it will probably gain more buyers of the album and it will also show that we care about our fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment